Coaches Tool Box
Please visit our "Coaches Box" for helpful links and tools.
Coaching - 2018
Anyone interested in coaching for the 2018 season should complete one of the following two steps before December 31, 2017:
1. Register a player on the site through the online registration. During registration, specify that you would like to volunteer as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide interested parents information on the requirements of volunteering as a Coach, please view the list below. If you have any questions on the amount of time this volunteer position requires or have questions on any of the list below, please send these quetions to email@example.com.
1. Spring Training Sessions- All Babe Ruth, Majors, Minors, and Farm Head Coaches must attend all 3 Spring Training Sessions in order to get a view of all players prior to the Player Draft. These dates include Saturday Feb. 3rd at 10 am and 1 pm and Tuesday, Feb. 13th at 5 pm at Taylor Field. Collegiate and Rookie coaches will be invited to the Collegiate and Rookie Spring Training Session on Feb. 3rd, location and time TBD.
2. Coaches Meeting and Clinic- Tuesday, Feb. 6th 5-7:30 pm at Taylor Gym. We will discuss season expectations, rules, etc. and then meet with Cal Poly's Head Coach Larry Lee and SLOHS's Head Coach Brian Wong to review practice drills and skill development.
3. Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) Training. All coaches must have attended or will attend our PCA training. Friday, Feb. 23rd, 6:30 pm at Copeland Center at French Hospital.
4. Cal Ripken Coachng Certification. All coaches, including assistant coaches, must complete this one time Coaches Certification Course to be eligible to partipate in SLOYB. Visit the link below to get started. There is a $25 registration fee for this one time Certification. It is a life certification.
http://www.baberuthcoaching.org or http://www.baberuthcoaching.org/coaches/
5. Player Draft- Head Coaches only for Babe Ruth (6 pm), Majors (6 pm), Minors (7 pm) must attend the player draft on Thursday, Feb. 15th at Elk's Club.
6. Opening Night Ceremonies- Coaches will lead their team through our Opening Night Ceremonies at Stockton Field, Friday, March 2nd. Information to follow.
7. SLOYB Board will conduct a background check on all coaches and team parents.
8. Coaches will be responsible for conducting at least one practice and two games per week starting March 3rd through Mid May.